Wednesday, June 25, 2008

This one's for you Grandpa Bach!

When I was a kid we all got together as a family to celebrate my Grandpa's birthday, he was lucky enough to be an independence day baby... yes the 4th of July. Well as the years went on, he got older and the parties meant more and more. He is no longer with us, but the 4th of July still means something to me. Just last year I was hoping that I would go into labor with my baby girl in hopes that we could bring the tradition of the big family gathering back. Well she did not come on the 4th of July but 3 days later. My husband and I have decided that the fact that she didn't come on the 4th doesn't mean that we can't celebrate like we did with Grandpa. This picture is for you Grandpa, your Great Granddaughter will have the same values that you gave to me... family is important... and they always will be. Please, take a minute, call your family... or just send them an email! My little girl is lucky to have all the family she has... and hopefully every year we too can bring them all together for her birthday and every year we will take a picture and send it out to our family and friends reminding them how important they are to us. So you have a week think about your family!

No comments: